New measures were brought into effect on 19 February 2022 that includes the opening of all border posts, and the lifting of the curfew across Mozambique, a welcome bit of news for travellers itching to get their feet into the spectacular beach paradise options Mozambique offers. Beaches are also open until 6 pm.
The time is now to plan your next trip and book your accommodation as measures will be revised on 18 April 2022 by the Mozambican government. This article gives you the quick cheat sheet of all you’ll need with regards to border documentations and any other accessories required for the trip to Moz, as well as the most up to date Covid19 info and some extra ‘good to knows’.
Although the new ring road around Maputo is sure to be a breeze for travellers used to a longer route, it does come with four new installed toll-gates which came into play in February 2022.
Prices range from 40 meticais (55 euro cents) for light vehicles to 580 meticais (€8) for heavy vehicles, with discounts of up to 75% for public transport and 60% for frequent users.
As things change like the wind directions these days with regards to regulations and documentation the first thing to do is to connect yourself to an information source that keeps updated with the newest information around the Moz border posts and travel requirements and the Mozambique Covid19 regulations.
Required Vehicle Accessories:
What you are required to have on or in your vehicle at all times.
- A working vehicle fire extinguisher
- Two red emergency triangles
- DriveMoz stickers for your side mirrors as well as the back of the car
- Blue and yellow triangle sticker used for towing.
- Two neon/yellow reflective jackets
- One black and white country of origin sticker, visible on back of vehicle or trailer. For RSA residents this will be the well known ZA sticker.
Good to remember:
- Take cash as some cards don’t work in Mozambique.
- Check in with your doctor about your destination and whether you should take malaria meds and make sure to take anything to keep the mosquitoes at bay as a precautionary measure.
Use your common sense:
Do note, this guide gives you as much information at the time it was created. Do your homework and find out before you depart if anything else is newly required from the border on the DriveMoz Facebook group or if the Covid19 regulations were changed by heading to the US Moz Embassy website.
For affordable accommodation options, feel free to take a look at our very own Golden Palms Beach Resort and Lodge , set amidst the swaying golden coco palms in the spectacular Guinjata Bay, one of the top beaches in Mozambique. We are fortunate to be located in many people’s idea of paradise and also in a hotspot frequented by South African families. Get in touch here.